- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published by The Nature-Nurture Publishing Group is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant The Nature-Nurture Publishing Group a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in The Nature-Nurture Publishing Group open access articles.
Where an author is prevented from being the copyright holder (for instance in the case of government employees or those of Commonwealth governments), minor variations may be required. In such cases the copyright line and license statement in individual articles will be adjusted, for example to state ‘© 2016 Crown copyright’. Authors requiring a variation of this type should inform The Nature-Nurture Publishing Group during or immediately after submission of their article. Changes to the copyright line cannot be made after publication of an article.